Chinese (Simplified)EnglishFrenchGermanItalianJapaneseKoreanRussianSpanish
Jan 232017

Kuranui College Principal 044

A message from Principal Geoff Shepherd:

Happy New Year!

I trust that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations.

My initial analysis of the 2016 NCEA results shows that most of our students did very well and by the time the results are confirmed at the end of February, I am confident that the 2016 results will easily be our best yet.

I am back in my office every day until classes begin on the 2nd of February. If you need to contact me my extension number is #701.

Other senior staff will return to work shortly. The phone extensions for these staff are:

• Maree Patten #704
  • Chelsea Fenwick #743
  • Vicki Wish #705.

Please leave a message and we will return your calls.

Change in Structure of School Day

Thank you to everyone who responded to our consultation regarding a proposal to begin classes at 9.30am on Wednesdays. As a result of your feedback, I decided that we could not proceed with the change but we are making a minor change to the timing of classes on Wednesdays.

The last class on Wednesday will now finish at 3.05pm and buses will depart at 3.15pm instead of the usual 3.20pm. Students will not lose any instruction time as a result of this change.

Uniform

I expect every student to arrive at college on their first day in full tidy uniform with the correct shoes or sandals. Students who do not wear the correct uniform will be taken home to change.

All uniform items with the exception of shoes, ties and blazers can be ordered on the Argyle website: http://www.argyleonline.co.nz

Mentor Group Changes

We have revised the Mentor Group structure for this year and for some of your children, this will mean they will meet with a new Mentor. All teaching staff, including the Senior Leadership Team, are now Mentors.

Mentors will introduce themselves to you as soon after the start of the term as possible.

Start Up Arrangements

Monday 30 January – Senior Re-enrolment for selected Year 11/12/13 students. Students will receive a letter if required to attend.
Tuesday 31 January – Staff Administration Day
Wednesday 1 February – Staff Administration Day
Thursday 2 February – Year 10/11/12/13 students attend. Students are to assemble in the auditorium when the bell goes at 8:35am.
Friday 3 February – Year 9 and Year 13 students attend. Students are to assemble at the front of the school when the bell goes at 8:35am.
Monday 6 February – Waitangi Day Holiday
Tuesday 7 February – Full College attends

I am looking forward to the 2017 school year. We are planning to begin a comprehensive refurbishment of T Block and the main quad this year and our very sound financial position will allow us to make a number of capital purchases including new furniture for the library and some classrooms, the replacement of many of our desk top computers, a new digital telephone system, several ceiling-mounted data projectors and a new ride-on mower for our groundsman.

Yours faithfully,
Geoff Shepherd
PRINCIPAL

MENU