Chinese (Simplified)EnglishFrenchGermanItalianJapaneseKoreanRussianSpanish
Mar 012018

Kuranui College’s Zoe Edwards has been rewarded for her service and dedication throughout her eight years with St John New Zealand by being appointed as District Cadet of the Year.

The year 12 student was presented with her ropes and certificate in a special ceremony and will now take on a key coordination, leadership and management role, while at the same time providing mentorship and ambassadorship to other cadets.

Zoe Edwards St Johns

Following in the footsteps of her mother, who was involved with St John as a youngester along with her siblings, Zoe is delighted with her achievement. “It means a lot to me,” she explained. “It’s an amazing opportunity for me to better myself as well as my district. I’m looking forward to communicating with the other cadets of the year, while trying to meet the people in my district and getting them to meet each other.

“As a cadet I work my hardest on earning badges while hopefully being a role model to the younger cadets. To get this appointment I first applied, then I was emailed and asked to create and deliver a presentation. I then had to do an activity with some cadets to show how well I worked with them, before going through an interview process.”

Zoe has yet to decide on her future career path, which she is currently working through. “I’m not completely sure on what I want to do when I leave school,” she says. “I still have time to decide, which is why I’m keeping my options open. I do hope to work with animals as it is something I enjoy.”

MENU