Chinese (Simplified)EnglishFrenchGermanItalianJapaneseKoreanRussianSpanish
Sep 252019

Former Kuranui student, Beth Graham has designed and stitched the costumes for this year’s college production Peter Pan.

Graham graduated in 2018 and has been studying at NZ Fashion Tech. Ahead of her full-time study by 10 weeks, the promising young designer has volunteered her time to craft costumes for the entire cast to add to the colorful Disney-style pantomime.

She has been busy designing Captain Hook’s attire, Tinkerbell’s fairy outfit, the pirate outfits, mermaid tails and pajamas to help create a lively, vibrant atmosphere in keeping with the classic children’s tale.

“Making things is like putting a puzzle together. The most difficult pieces have been the costumes I’ve have to make from scratch. Tinkerbell is probably the hardest with a whole dress to design and make,” said Graham.

“I have a passion for creating on the stage, and through Kuranui I found my passion for the costuming side of theatre. Making the costumes at Kuranui is a chance for me to share my passion of theatre with others.

“My goal is to make real clothes. I really like to make it happen for real women of any size.”

Kuranui students have also been busy making prop swords, beds, and all manner of scene backgrounds, with the help of the college’s various departments.

Peter Pan matinées will take place from today and tomorrow at 1pm, while evening shows will be on Thursday 26, Friday 27 and Saturday 28 September at 7pm.

Tickets will be available through the school office with proceeds going to the Wellington Children’s Hospital.

Peter Pan Beth Graham

MENU